Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dying to Return


Dying to Return
  Trish Marie Dawson

Release Date:  Summer 2013
Genre:  Young Adult Fantasy


BLURB

Dying to Return is the 3rd book in the Young Adult Fantasy The Station Series. Piper Willow's adventure in the afterlife continues as she struggles to discover who she is and what is expected of her. Faced with decisions that could change everything, she must weigh her desire to be with the ones she has come to love, or satisfy her curiosity and find out what lies beyond her world with someone new. What Piper experiences and the choices she makes could not only alter the delicate inner workings of the Station, but the delicate balance that Piper has managed to maintain inside herself. In the end, will it all be worth it?


EXCERPT

A heaviness settles over the table and Andella is no longer giggling. "Why did you do it, Piper Willow?"

"Andella!" her father hisses. He seems embarrassed for her, but she holds my stare across the wide table. I see nothing sinister, just simple curiosity in her eyes.

I reach for my blue-tinted glass and sip at the water. Gulping down air, I try on my best smile and elbow Rush slightly when I feel his gentle prodding at the locked gates my mind.

"I can't answer that. I mean…" I pause, allowing myself to reflect, "I guess I do know why. But I don't know why I thought killing myself was the only option." With a shrug, I sip more water.
Andella reclines slightly in her chair and nods. "Unlike my brother," she shoots Rush a warm smile, "I have not traveled to your world, but I have seen into it. There is much sadness there. Such a loss of potential. I think you are different though. I think on some level, you must have known there was something else beyond your life. Did you not?"

I twirl the fabric napkin on my lap while considering the question carefully. "I think I just wanted that life to be over." I feel the tears building up in my eyes as my voice drops to just above a whisper, "Some people call it Heaven, a better place after life. I didn't care about Heaven or Hell, I just wanted out."

A large hand reaches toward me and I look up through my blurred vision to find Andulen's hand atop mine. Rush is also touching me, and though she's clear across the table, I feel Andella's calming presence as well.

"Child. You cannot fit your life into a square coffer. It will find a way to spill out over the sides and explore that which surrounds it. Even once that coffer is lidded, your life doesn't cease to exist - you carry on. That is what you have done, Piper Willow. That is why you sit here with us this evening, eating and drinking and breathing. Your life - it will always struggle to stay outside that coffer. Do you understand this?"

I nod at Andulen and smile as he squeezes my hand before releasing it. My voice wouldn't work even if I had words appropriate to use, so I sip from my tinted glass again.

"Now. I have serious matters to discuss about this Earth of yours. The first thing, a question I have had on my mind since my Son here breached the subject to me." He pauses with his face set into a hard expression and I gulp. "Can you explain to me what Rugby is?"

AUTHOR BIO
Trish was born and mostly raised in San Diego, California where she lives now with her family and pets. She's been writing short stories and poetry since high school after an obsession with Stephen King's 'The Stand'. After over fifteen years of crazy dreams and an overactive imagination, Trish began her first book 'I Hope You Find Me' in December of 2011. When Trish isn't writing, she's homeschooling her amazing daughter and mildly autistic son, reading whatever she can get her hands on, or enjoying the Southern California sun. As a strict Vegetarian, Trish holds a special place in her heart for animal rights and dashes into the backyard weekly to rescue lizards and mice from her mini-lab/cocker spaniel mixed dog, Zoey...who is always getting into some sort of trouble.

AUTHOR LINKS



Presented by:  As You Wish Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment